The taste of Istrian Mixed Milk Cheese Špin made from cow’s milk with the addition of up to 30% of sheep’s milk cheese is halfway between cow’s and sheep’s milk cheese. A well-balanced marriage of these two differing flavour ranges is just right for all those who are not into very intense sheep’s milk cheeses but still like their cheese to taste a bit sharper than your regular cow’s milk cheese.
A tasting of this cheese reveals gentle notes of sheep’s milk and the buttery cow’s milk aroma. Its pleasant acidity and salty mineral flavour are its distinctive features. The texture is a bit crisper than the cow’s milk cheese, yet sufficiently elastic, which allows for easy cutting. Somewhat less creamy in the mouth, though nonetheless rich on the palate.
- Hard cow’s milk cheese with the addition of up to 30% of sheep’s milk cheese
- Easily melts in your mouth
- Pleasantly tangy and lightly salty
- Makes a great pairing with dried fruit, chilli pepper jam or green tomato jam
- Ideal in pasta dishes
- Its best wine match is the light Vina Laguna Merlot
A natural partner for dried fruit, chilli pepper jam or green tomato jam. Your perfect partner for pasta dishes. Its best wine match is the light Vina Laguna Merlot.